Drysdale Properties to Sponsor Company-wide Community Service Day
Offices to support local efforts through day-long volunteering
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Drysdale Properties announced that it has set aside October 26 as its annual Community Service Day for 2012. The company will close its offices on this day as agents across Northern California volunteer in their communities. The activities will be centered on neighborhood enhancing projects in the areas where the company has offices.
"The vision of our Community Service Day is to rally all of our agents to create both a macro and micro effort of giving back," said Gretchen Pearson, Presidenti of Drysdale Properties. "Volunteering in our communities is crucial to bringing people, businesses, and needs together, so we close our offices for one day to make a positive influence on the communities that we serve."
Following is a list of organizations being supported on Community Service Day and the office that will be volunteering its time:
Hosanna Ranch, a foster home providing emergency, short-term and long-term housing for children
- Alameda County Community Food Bank, a hub of a vast collection and distribution network that provides food for 275 nonprofit agencies in Alameda County
McHenry House, which empowers homeless families and individuals toward self-sufficiency
- Habitat for Humanity and the Los Banos Art Council, the office will assist in refurbishing a building that was purchased by the Los Banos Art Council
Buenos Vidas Youth Ranch which is a residence for sexually exploited children and offers healing, guidance and support to get them back on track
Fat Kitty City, a one-of-a-kind sanctuary on a 20 acre, tree-studded natural environment in Northern California and is operated by the Agee Memorial Wildlife Fund, Inc., which is dedicated to ending needless animal suffering, through spaying, neutering, socializing, adopting and other aggressive approaches
- Rossmoor Lions Club supporting the hearing and sight impaired
Friends of Pleasant Hill Creeks, a group of concerned people who work together to promote clean, healthy creeks.
- Pleasant Hill Instructional Garden, a demonstration garden at the Pleasant Hill Education Center using healthy organic practices, water conservation and create a wildlife habitat.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a volunteer-driven home improvement store that accepts and resells new and gently used building materials, appliances and furniture to the general public at a fraction of their normal retail price. All proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco to fund the construction of homes in San Francisco, Marin and the Peninsula.
- Veterans of Foreign War Post 10789 of Brentwood
- San Francisco SafeHouse, a residential center for women leaving prostitution that gives them the opportunity to heal and to transform their lives.
Drysdale Properties is committed to giving back to the communities in which it serves through its Community Foundation, a means for funding local charities; its annual community service day, and other such individual and groups efforts throughout the year. For more information, please visit www.bhhsdrysdale.com/foundation